http://www.apollo.com.pk (the “website”) is owned and run by Apollo Telecom (PVT) Ltd (“Apollo Telecom” or “we” or “us”) whose registered office is at 30-East, 3rd floor, Union Plaza Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area Islamabad.
1. How we collect information about you
The personal information we collect and maintain about you is gathered both indirectly (for example, through the website’s technology) and directly (for example, when you register to use our services). It is made up of information you give us through your use of our website and through our other communications with you such as by email, chat or telephone with any of our staff or agents. This includes information obtained when you register with us to set up an account or use other products or services offered by us.
2. The type of information we gather
The personal information that we collect from you depends on the products or services you purchase. You retain the right to withhold any information from us but some of our products and services may not be available to you if this information is not provided by you to us.
3. Use of your personal information
By using the website, you consent to your personal information being used by us for the following main purposes:
- To provide you with the website and our services;
- To assist in processing your requests for products and services offered by us;
- To complete your registration for any services offered by us, and to communicate with you in relation to those services;
- For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to you;
- To contact you regarding your enquiries;
- To provide you with customer support;
- For internal analysis and research (in particular, to help us improve the website and our services);
- To communicate with you regarding any competitions, promotions or other offers which may be of interest to you and for which you may be eligible;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations, including the transfer of personal information to regulatory and government authorities; and
- To help detect and deal with crime and unsavoury behaviour.
We may retain and store some of your personal information, including your customer profile information and transactional information to improve customer satisfaction and to tailor our services to meet your individual needs.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
4. Security of your online information
We take security issues seriously. We have implemented appropriate steps to help maintain the security of our information systems, processes and website and prevent the accidental destruction, loss or unauthorised disclosure of the information we collect.
However, whilst we continue to work hard to protect the security and integrity of your personal information, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Transmitting personal information over the internet is done at your own risk and you should bear this in mind when using the website and our products and services.
In order to protect key account and financial information you provide us with online, we use an encryption standard known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Although we take every measure to protect this information, we make no warranty and offer no undertaking regarding the effectiveness of this encryption and we will not be held liable for any unauthorised access to this information.
Cookies may be set by our website (‘first party cookies’) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (‘third party cookies’).
What is in a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive, particularly when this information is stored and used by a third party without them knowing. Although this is generally quite harmless you may not, for example, want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions of the website.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to third parties, including the police and other governmental bodies, as required by law or if we think the disclosure may help to detect and deal with crime and/or unsavoury behaviour.
We may give your information to third parties (such as our subsidiaries, associate companies and/or business associates) to allow them to market their goods and services to you, but only with your express consent.
We will not sell your information to a third party, except in the event that we sell our business, or part of it; in which case we may transfer your information as part of the sale in order to allow the purchaser to carry on providing some or all of our services to you.
- Necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- Necessary to stop or prevent a breach of the website’s terms and conditions or any of its policies or usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- Necessary to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute attacks on the technical integrity of the website or its network;
- Necessary in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Apollo Telecom or its employees, the users of its website, or the public;
- Authorised or required by law;
- Reasonably necessary to enforce the law; or
- Necessary to investigate any suspected unlawful activity or unsavoury behaviour.
You may be able to link to third party sites through our website (for example, to social-networking sites and other information-sharing sites). Other sites that are or may be accessible through our website may have their own privacy and data collection policies, use of data and data disclosure practices. Once you connect to these sites, you should carefully read the security and privacy policies of each of these sites.
7. Checking the information we hold about you
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee). If you find at any time that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect then you should promptly notify us and we will correct the inaccuracy.
8. Privacy on third party sites
9. Contact us about privacy issues
You can contact us about privacy issues or comment or complain about our privacy practices by contacting us at email@example.com